All 288's have the same connections.
The 1285a I don't know about, never used one. Red to + is normal...
There are frequency generator programs for PC. I suggest using a sweep thru the crossover area, loudest one is in phase. Or if you got an RTA...
The 288L HF drivers are not marked L1 & L2. One terminal is marked with a red +. The HF outputs on the 1285A Xover are marked - and +. I know there is an "out of phase" connection protocol with older 288 drivers and older model Xovers but does that hold true with the 288L and the 1285A? Should I connect the positive terminal of the 1285A to the red + terminal on the 288L or the opposite? Thank You

All 288's have the same connections.
The 1285a I don't know about, never used one. Red to + is normal...
There are frequency generator programs for PC. I suggest using a sweep thru the crossover area, loudest one is in phase. Or if you got an RTA...
Your neighbors called. They like your music.


Kewl AB! Now if I get asked about a 1285 before I kick off I can answer.
My brain is a total collection of info worthless to 99 percent of the planet.
Read something on the net yesterday...an exercise....
Think of the most average person you know. Then realize 50% of the world is dumber than that....![]()
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Thank you for your reply. It is most helpful. I see that there is a jumper wire (black) from the two outer most 1200 hz taps to the positive output terminals of the LF and HF. What is the purpose of this connection?

The jumpers go to the 1200 Xo frequency taps (in the picture, post #4) and to the ( + positive) taps of the HF & LF terminals.If you move the jumpers over to the 800 Hz taps the crossover will now have a 800Hz cutoff,and so on.My 1285's also came with a 30923 attenuator board for matching a medium efficiency woofer like the (411).Your crossover should have a slider switch for changing crossover frequency if it is the 1285-8A. I hope this helps.
Bookmarks